Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was born to Lydia Perez (a merchant marine) in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Rosie is Puerto Rican. Rosie attended Grover Cleveland High School, Ridgewood, Queens, New York. She later enrolled at Los Angeles City College, Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez, who was in her second college year and was planning to move to New York. Her friends had given her an excuse to go away party. When Spike Lee proposed that she be part of his film Do the Right Thing (1989), she accepted. It was her first major role as an actor. She was later nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Carla Rodrigo (Peter Weir’s Fearless 1993). The Academy Award went to Anna Paquin, for The Piano (1993). The most critique I received early on in my career was coming from the Latin community. I remember them taking me out for lunch and telling me "Can you take lessons to help you tone down your accent?" or "Can you not be funny and loud when you're on a talk-show?" People were so critical about my voice that they dealt me a lot of grief. While I tried to alter my voice, it wasn't my way of speaking. As I got older the octaves fell Thank God. It's all about getting past your fears. It's about being confident. Floyd Mayweather could be punched or swung clean in the middle of his body and he'd not hesitate. I understand what he's doing. [Who spoke about Don Cornelius watching her dancingthe dance]: Don Cornelius didn't want to see me dance . I was doing hip hop that was unfamiliar to Californians. They knew only about popping and locking, so they were not keen on hip-hop dancing. Don was thinking, "No, no, no. You're an asian woman. I was like "What?" This is just so weird. This is truly bizarre.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amy Carlson

Heidi Klum measurements, bio, height, weight, shoe, and bra size

Thora Birch